First Update of the Year!
We hope the first two months of 2012 have been treating you well. Here are some of the things that have been happening with us:
Next Ministry Location???
We have been back in the US for 10 months now, and have been seeking God’s direction
on where our next ministry location may be. Whether meeting with other missionaries or corresponding with other ministries overseas, we have not really felt a strong direction… until now.
Recently, someone proposed the idea of Thailand to us. Somehow, this really seemed to “click” within us. Interesting side note, Rosie was first drawn to Thailand when she was in high school, and my first mission inspirations came from when my pastor Morris took two mission trips to Thailand. As we have prayed about this, we feel that this may be where God is leading us and have decided to pursue it.
Now, Rosie and I are planning to take a scouting trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand with Caleb at the end of April. We hope to achieve the following objectives:
- Meet with different ministries to get a feel for what is happening, what the needs are, and where we may fit in.
- Visit local universities to see what courses are available to assist with language acquisition and possible cultural courses. This should also help provide a visa to remain in the country.
- Work out a budget for moving our family and monthly expenses.
- Get an idea of what part of town would be suitable to rent a house/condo.
- Visit local churches for networking and exploring ministry partnerships.
- Visit schools to see how we can accommodate our own children’s education.
- … and quite frankly, there is just no way mama is about to pick up and move our kids across the world without having a look around first! All the mama’s out there know what I’m talkin’ about. 🙂
We would like to ask you to consider helping us get to Thailand. After comparing some prices on airfare and estimating our costs on the ground, we can roughly say that the trip would cost approximately $4,000.
Please consider making a contribution to this project. We always appreciate the willingness of our supporters to pray and give towards the ministries we are involved in and hope that you will continue to stand with us as we anticipate a new direction!
- We celebrated Nikao’s 8th birthday with family and friends in February. This year it fell on Superbowl Sunday (Go Giants!) so we moved the celebration up a day earlier (Feb 4th).
- Rosie and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on February 7th.
- Rosie and I have begun a marriage enrichment course called “Married for Life”, with classes taking place every Saturday evening.
- We will be visiting Tennessee again in August, (hopefully with some great news to report regarding our Thailand trip) so if you would be interested in meeting up with us or having us share with your church, please let us know so we can schedule it in.